Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Busy, busy, busy...


Man oh man, I am just forgetting all about you guys too often!  Since my last post was in October, obviously many things have transpired.  I’d love to blame the holidays for my lack of action… so I will!  First Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first New Year’s, first MLK day, first Groundhog Day, and soon his first birthday!  Busy, busy times…  Well, he’s developing quite the grill piece, we’re up to 7, almost 8 teeth I think now, and he loves to show them off.  Such a happy little guy!  In tune with his happiness, he is also developing quite the affinity for dance.  He gets that from his daddy, as I have been known to cut rugs on the reg… (Unsubstantiated claim)  He also has a couple walkers now, and he uses them.  He can pick himself up to his feet from behind one of those things and take off, usually towards something he shouldn’t be interested in, which brings me to my next point.  What the hell is a “terrible two”?  This kid’s not even one yet and I can’t imagine him getting into “more” things than he does now.  His favorite activities now include removing everything from our “lazy Susan” corner cabinet and turning on and off every piece of equipment housed in our entertainment center!  Our little condo is covered in toys, and all he wants to do is take the Lawry’s seasoning salt and hide it in my wife’s nightstand.  Oh, “childproof” you say?  Let’s talk about that…  I haven’t yet devised a way to childproof the corner cabinet, but everything else he can reach (or at least what he could reach 2 months ago) is childproof-ed.  I have turned my entire condo into an aspirin bottle, and he can sniff out the one freakin’ cabinet that can still be opened!  Childproofing does nothing for me other than make it a pain in the ass to live in my house, and that’s all I’ve got to say about that.  I can tell that I’m moments away from rambling about nonsense, so I’ll just cut it here.  Updates to come, especially since the big first birthday is on the horizon.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment