Tuesday, July 3, 2012

... Let's get some shots!..


Today was Ian's 4-month wellness appointment, and I was a little nervous.  I knew he was scheduled for shots, and the wife has been harping on and on about how traumatic it was the last time he had shots, which I wasn't present for.  Since I didn't make it the last time, I made every effort to make it there this time.  I took him to the sitter in the morning, picked him up in the afternoon, drove him to the doctor's office where we met up with his mother, and I even had to find someone to cover my shift at work since I was, of course, scheduled this afternoon.  I think I mainly needed to be there to catch my wife's head before it hit the floor after she fainted rather than for Ian's benefit.  I am aware that he has no idea where he's going or for what purpose, but I think even if he did, I'd still be more worried about my wife's wellbeing. Apparently I was to expect a happy little baby to turn into some kind of "Exorcist" outtake the instant the needle broke the skin.  Well, I guess Ian just needed his daddy there, since he cried for all of about 8 seconds, which was amazingly about the same amount of time it took the nurse to poke him in the thighs  4 times. After that, he was just fine, even smiling again within 5 minutes.  He's a tough little buho, and his daddy is proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment