Monday, February 20, 2012

Food so good, your water'll break...

So, there's this sort of local legend about an Italian restaurant in old town Fort Collins... As the story goes, there's quite a high percentage of pregnant women eating at this place and having their babies within 24 hours of the meal... I'm a skeptic, but a willing participant. Anyway, last night we dined at the establishment in question, which is called Canino's, in an effort to release my seed from my wife ASAP. The ritual apparently requires consumption of eggplant rollatini and spumoni ice cream, and you'll be all but guaranteed the next meal you eat will be in your delivery room. My wife, having decided she's had enough of being pregnant, resolved that we dine at said ristorante. I will say that at least the place was fantastic. The building is an old house built in like 1900 or something, and the food could have been the best Italian food I've ever had. Oh, and they have these specials where they roll back the prices to what they were in 1980, when they opened. I had a sampler with lasagna, hand-cut spaghetti, and a giant ravioli for like 4 bucks. My wife, of course, ate the required fare for a speedy expulsion of my seed. As I am writing this, there's only a couple hours for the legend to hold true for us, but unfortunately, I am not very hopeful. My wife has already arrived home from work with no contractions or water breakage or anything. The percentage of success is still high, but I guess it's just not Ian's time...

No comments:

Post a Comment