Monday, February 27, 2012

Matthew in the middle...

...And so begins week... I don't know... 40 plus! Overdue, biscuits are burning, late fees at the library, etc... Let's get this show on the road already! We have what should be our last scheduled baby appointment tomorrow, so no real definitive changes since my last post. The wife does seem less and less mobile as we get further and further past what was the due date, but I think she's pretty happy to have been relatively unhindered for most of her pregnancy in regards to getting around. I mean, I know of a few cases where the mother went on bed rest for a large percentage of their pregnancy, and I just think my wife is grateful that her case wasn't like that. She has also been approved to work half days until the inevitable happens, so that's a bonus as well. I guess the only major development recently pertains to the, what seems like, constant badgering of onlookers as to what Ian's middle name will be. We had discussed it once or twice before, and we were both content without a middle name, but with everyone we come into contact with coercing us of the necessity, we have decided that it may be better for Ian to have one. I suppose it will only aid him in the future to have a middle initial, if only for identification purposes when his birth certificate is called into question during his race for the presidency. Anyway, I'm sure the pins and needles are digging into your ass by now, so our son's official name will be... cue drum roll... Ian Matthew! Yes, he will continue the illustrious namesake of his father, and thereby giving his parents a few more syllables to shout when he undoubtedly performs some of the same ill-advised feats as the moronic name donor, from whose man-gravy he hath been spawned. I think it will be especially useful in his understanding of the degree of the offense he has committed, since there is an obvious difference between a simple "IAN!" and an "IAN MATTHEW!!". After all, I learned the difference from my father pretty quick, and I'm admittedly an idiot. It should be much simpler for Ian, even with only half of my wife's brain. I can see I'm beginning to ramble, so until next time, when hopefully there may be a physical creature to discuss, rather than just a basketball under my wife's shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment