Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ian's not here, but I guess we'll just have to sleep it off...

I guess it's officially our due date today, but apparently Ian didn't get the memo. The wife's no quitter, though. She's running up and down the stairs as we speak, I assume to shake something loose. I, however, am happy to enjoy what may be the last few days of uninterrupted sleep and lack of supreme responsibility before those customary treasures are lost forever in a sea of 2 a.m. feedings and sullied Huggies. I intend to value the little bit of time I have left to be irresponsible and waste as much of it as possible on frivolous endeavors that soon will have transformed into "things punk-ass kids do" once I am a parent. I can only hope that as we develop a routine for the rearing of our young, a few small slots will open up for my wife and I to relive some trivial pleasures once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment